Rock Flower (Black Stone Flower / Dagad Phool / Kalpasi) is an unusual edible dried lichen flora, is a superficial growth on the barks of trees.These belong to the kingdom of “Fungi” and family of “Parmeliaceae”.Rock flower is a peculiar spice which is curled like a cloud with the greenish black or pale green color on the outer covering and white or grayish inside. They are popularly known as Kalpasi in Tamil- Kal means stone and Pasi means light green moss. These spices are very sensitive to the environment and hence are found on the temperate Northern and Southern Hemispheres. On the whole it is regarded as nutritionally specialized fungi.
- Used in kebab and tandooris.
- Used in traditional Chettinad food items.
- Used in several meat dishes and vegetarian dishes too.
- Used as a mandatory spice in preparing garam masala, curry powders, etc.
- Used to present an earthy sweet flavour while tempering it in hot oil or ghee.
- Used in the treatments of renal conditions mainly kidney stones.
- They have medicinal value because of its enormous additives like-acrid, bitter, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
- It treats skin problems by its anti-fungal and anti-microbial property.
- It removes the obstruction and blockage in the respiratory tract and helps to manage asthma.
- It is a traditional method of healing wounds.
- It helps in maintaining body temperature.
- It regulates the overall digestive process.
- The smoke extracted from a stone flower is a remedy to get rid of headaches.
- The essential oil of kalpasi can relive pains in muscle and joints.
- It adds minerals and nutrients to the food items as it absorb them from the substrates on which they grow
- It helps in creating a dish from ordinary to divergent.
- Blending with other spices to make some indigenous masalas.
Why you need to choose AZANA Rock Flower
AZANA is a reputation of being an origin for unique products out of best quality. We take pride in presenting online products and make ourselves available to our desired audience. We have a traditional method of preservation as it involves less interaction with chemicals and preservatives, thus it enhances the well-being of our customers-we do care for you. As this rock flower is carefully hand-picked and dried on a hygienic platform it can be used for a long period. We also provide the chief information about the products to make your choice more comfortable.